Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Thou Shalt Not Spill

I broke one of the editing suites's cardinal rules just now. I had an open bottle of Smart Water - very smart - and tipped it into the keyboard of the B machine. No big deal, I'm sure we'll salvage it - it's cooking now under a compact fluorescent lamp - and the machine didn't short out, but it's just indicative of my day. Luckily,the other 6.5 bits is here and Meredith is steering the good ship "Color Correction" at this moment. We are getting closer.

We do love color correction and we will almost miss it when we're done. We'll do the sound all week, finish the end titles, then we will have a final cut. After that, we'll build the DVD and start to enter the festivals. And after that, we will start working on the next project...or two.

While we both want to finish "Lumia," some part of me will probably feel the absence of it. We have lived with this project for over two years now. Still, there is always more lumia news on the horizon, and I'm looking forward to actually seeing one of Wilfred's original Claviluxes in action after they have restored them up in Seattle.

Shout out to Joelle!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Paul! I hope you think of me every time you spill!